By reading ReputationUP Coach’s new guide to conversational marketing, you will find out what it is, how to get started, types and benefits for companies.
What is conversational marketing?
Conversational marketing is a new process that emphasizes direct, real-time communication with customers.
Companies use this strategy to drive customers through the marketing funnel among other things.
Brands apply different fast and effective messaging platforms, such as WhatsApp.
Conversational marketing‘s purpose is to generate new business opportunities, through genuine human interactions.
Conversational analytics is the study of the interactions between businesses and their customers.
Companies from several industries have been studying consumer behavior and habits for years.
These findings now apply to new forms of contact, such as those made possible by digital platforms.
As a result, instant messaging tools treat each company’s client in a human-like manner.
The company’s strategic plan is the starting point for conversational marketing.
On the one hand, this modality should bring together strategy and technology.
Conversational marketing can start in different ways:
- Automatic answers to frequently asked questions.
- Using the company’s different channels to diversify the message and encourage conversion.
- Understand your customer’s behavior and generate content that is relevant to them.
- Use Up Selling and Cross Selling methods to sell items and services that are connected to the one you just bought.
- Recognize the leads and develop a strategy to help them convert.
By creating direct marketing methods, ReputationUP Coach trains the company’s personnel.
Conversational marketing is a technique that emphasizes the importance of dialogue between a firm and its customers.
Companies use social networks and chatbots to personalize messages automatically.
This type of digital marketing aims to combine the benefits of human attention with artificial intelligence’s speed and efficacy.
Exclusive chatbots provide an average satisfaction of 87.58%, according to the Comm100 report.
Permission marketing is a concept that refers to the relationship that exists between a company and its customers.
As a result, the business asks for permission to send an informational message or perform a commercial action.
Seth Godin, a marketing theorist and specialist, coined this term more than a decade ago.
Marketing bots have been implemented into this sector, as an automation model that works between companies.
The software assists businesses with a variety of automated operations.
Let’s look at those that refer to conversational marketing.
The bot used in digital marketing answers to users who visit the website.
It promptly and efficiently replies to queries about the products or services.
Customers can communicate with Chatbots and each conversation is tailored to the brand.
Bots are integrated with instant messaging platforms to boost the power of conversational marketing.
Finally, because the marketing bot initiates the dialogue with the customer, brand engagement increases.
The marketing bot also helps to classify leads.
It also serves a vital and time-consuming function for the sales team.
The bot determines which stage of the marketing funnel a customer has reached through scheduling.
Chatbots can help complete the purchasing and selling procedure. According to the Comm100 report, chatbots handle 68.9% of chats from start to finish.
Inbound marketing is a business method that aims to attract customers thorugh copywriting and by publishing high-quality content.
Its most distinguishing feature is the ability to tailor the technique to the needs of the customer.
The following are the principles of inbound marketing:
- Standardize: regardless of the target audience, it is the way you prepare the information, according to the brand.
Users who are interested in the company must be aware of its services, rates, queries, etc.
- Contextualize: it is the process of adjusting standardized content to the clients’ needs.
- Optimize: it is the practice of improving the information supplied and adapting it to the various communication channels used by the company.
- Personalize: it is essential for standing out from the crowd. For the recipient to feel special, the message must be personalized. The company-client relationship is based on this principle.
- Empathize: it is where the first reliable company-client contact becomes a long-term commitment.
The goal of optimization is to make the message’s content more clear.
On the one hand, efficiency must be evident throughout all company channels: social media, the web, chat, and so on.
On the other hand, one should correct earlier errors and improve the message’s presentation.
It’s critical to include short phrases, links, and infographics, among other things.
Many businesses use conversational marketing as part of their strategic plan.
Several international companies, in fact, are leaders in this type of brand-customer interaction.
The cosmetics brand Sephora uses various materials based on the communication channel.
In the case of Facebook Messenger, they use a bot to answer questions about products and to summon clients.
They also utilize a bot that is targeted at a younger audience, such as teenagers, because they recognize the potential of this group.
This Dutch airline makes a bot available to its customers to answer their questions.
The assistant is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, in ten languages.
They also have a Facebook Messenger bot and a Google Assistant bot.
At Casper, the conversational marketing application is unique.
This pillow and mattress manufacturer installed a bot so that customers suffering from sleeplessness may begin a dialogue with them.
The publication of articles and the integration of the bot led to a rise in market notoriety, resulting in an increase in sales.
Conversational marketing, along with its automation is a tool that allows companies to save time and money.
According to IBM, chatbots can help businesses save up to 30% on customer service costs.
Customer satisfaction depends on bot response time.
The company’s image conveys a sense of closeness and efficiency.
What benefits can conversational marketing provide?
- Immediacy: a quick response to a user’s query.
- Proximity: the user and the company interact in a fluid and natural way. It is comparable to speaking with a single member of the business team.
- Personalization: because each client is unique, the answers and information are designed to meet their demands.
- Trust: the immediacy of results creates this emotion in the user, prompting the customer to wish to deal with the same company again.
- Improved commercial results: greater sales being on the user’s side enhance the probability of completing the purchasing and selling process.
- Brand image: the organization can convey its brand image and improve SEO positioning by using conversational marketing.
Businesses use conversational marketing to strengthen client relationships and increase profitability.
Conversational marketing uses bots to automate dialogues with users.
In fact, companies are well aware that customers want a quick response to their brand-related queries.
And it is at that point that the bot intervenes, humanizing its service.
Businesses use conversational marketing for the following reasons:
- interaction and humanization.
- dialogue and speed through the use of bots.
- quality care through personalization.
Conversational marketing is a type of marketing that involves direct and immediate interaction with customers.
We can draw the following conclusions from this guide on conversational marketing:
- Its objective is to achieve business opportunities through human interaction.
- Conversational marketing combines technology and strategy.
- It generates dialogue with customers using digital marketing bots.
- This type of marketing aims to combine the benefits of human attention with the speed and efficacy of artificial intelligence.
- Immediacy, proximity, personalization, trust, enhanced business results, and brand image are all advantages of conversational marketing.
Companies can learn about the numerous logics of one-to-one marketing through ReputationUP Coach.
Our team strives to ensure that the company retains its customers, improves brand perception and increases the conversion rate of its services.